Thursday, September 07, 2006

Patience is a virtue they say..........

Since the weather has cooled down, and we've had a drop of rain, several of the crops I have been disparaging all summer have suddenly come to the party. The Runners have revived, as mentioned before, but now the morning glory planted for pollination puposes has also started flowering.



The red Kalibos cabbage, have suddenly started to form hearts, just as I was about to hoick them out to the rubbish heap. I've removed the very outer leaves that were so badly damaged by flea beetles early on, and they now look a lot more respectable.




















And even the relucatant raspberries have put on a sudden growth spurt, and started fruiting in a more meaningful fashion.

I might get that trifle after all...........

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! Those rasberries look fantastic! Good beans too. I've got to pull mine in now. I had a big one, but nothing near 15 inches.

I try to pick them before they get too big so that they're tender for eating.

Nice cabbages too. Mine have all gone to the chickens (too many slugs).

Peggy
http://whitelees.blogspot.com

2:59 pm  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Rain would do a wonder in this Kent garden too, but not sure it is really going to happen today. Yours is looking great. How is that giant pumpkin? The beans have all gotten themselves pregnant, here! They have been tender, even when large, but I noticed how full of seeds and tough they are getting now. I picked as many as possible to encourage more so i could pick them small for better eating.

4:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty as a . . .well as a picture!

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the morning glory a pretty flower - shame that its cousing the bindweed doesn't get the same accolade. But once when I was abroad and the morning glory was a weed, they said that our bindweed was beautiful!

I truly love the red cabbage picture - the texture and colour - brilliant

8:37 pm  
Blogger Rebsie Fairholm said...

Wow, I love your psychedelic cabbage! What incredible colours.

I can't get over those golden yellow raspberries either ... do they taste as lovely as they look?

10:33 am  
Blogger Greenmantle said...

The Yellow raspberries are "Allgold" and they certainy do taste very good. If anything I think they are a little sweeter than most of the traditional red Autumn varieties.

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home